UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State football will horde Michigan during noon Saturday, Nov. 13, during Beaver Stadium. Gates will open during 10 a.m., and fans are speedy to arrive early. Penn State Transportation Services has announced a following parking, trade and movement adjustments forward of a game.
Football diversion parking
Football parking areas nearby Beaver Stadium (between Bigler Road and Mount Nittany Medical Center) are managed by Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics and need a football permit, that is usually current in a indifferent lot. Lots will open this week during 7 a.m. For some-more information, visit gopsusports.com, call 1-800-NITTANY, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional on-campus parking on football diversion days is accessible by Penn State Transportation Services during a following locations:
- East, HUB and Nittany decks: $40 (payable by credit label on exiting during pay-on-foot or in-lane machines).
- Eisenhower Deck: $40 (cash usually paid on entering).
- West Deck: $25 (payable by credit label on exiting during pay-on-foot or in-lane machines).
Tailgating is particularly taboo during campus parking decks.
Standard parking rates ($1 per hour) will request for a initial dual hours of parking during a East, HUB, Nittany and West decks on Saturday, after that a eventuality rates will take effect. Event parking during campus parking decks is accessible by 6 p.m. Sunday.
Weekend caller parking
Weekend eventuality parking rates are in outcome for overnight parking on home football diversion weekends commencement on Thursday. Visitors wishing to park overnight contingency park during a East, HUB, Nittany or West decks. Overnight caller parking is taboo during all other parking areas.
Standard parking rates ($1 per hour/$12 daily limit fee) will request for a initial 24 hours parked for those parking on Thursday and for a initial 12 hours parked for those parking on Friday, after that a following eventuality weekend rates will take outcome and be due on exiting any facility:
- Thursday arrival: $50.
- Friday arrival: $45.
Visitors nearing on Friday also might park during a Eisenhower Deck commencement during 5 p.m. for $45, payable by ParkMobile (zone series 95110).
Weekend eventuality parking is accessible by 6 p.m. Sunday.
Game day parking closures/faculty, staff and tyro parking access
The following campus parking lots will tighten during midnight Friday night in allege of Saturday’s home football game:
- Commuter lots (Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North)
- Porter South
- Orange L (all sections)
- Yellow H (all sections)
- Yellow M
- Yellow V
- Orange A OPP (east and west)
- Orange A Katz
- Orange B Softball
- Orange H (all sections located north of Hastings Road)
- Orange O Park Ave.
- Silver G
- Silver J (all sections)
In further to these areas, a easterly half of Lot Orange U located usually easterly of USB we and II also will be indifferent commencement during midnight Friday night.
All vehicles, including dialect vehicles, contingency be private from these areas no after than midnight Friday night. Access to these areas will free after outbound football trade has ended.
On home football Saturdays, faculty/staff parking permits are respected during all faculty/staff parking lots located west of Bigler Road, and tyro parking permits are respected during all areas located west of Bigler Road that routinely concede tyro parking on weekends (see a lots highlighted in yellow with a E/W pitch on the student parking interactive map).
For a some-more accessible exit from campus after a football diversion and to yield larger ability for visitors during a parking decks, faculty/staff and tyro assent holders are speedy to use aspect parking areas instead of parking decks on football diversion days.
Email email@example.com or call 814-865-1436 for some-more information associated to on-campus parking managed by Penn State Transportation Services.
Increased excellent amounts for parking violations on eventuality weekends
Drivers are reminded that all vehicles contingency be parked within all lines of a legal, non-reserved parking space. Vehicles parked on a roadways, curbside ends of rows, etc. are theme to ticketing and/or towing during a owner’s expense. All parking areas need possibly head-in parking or for a car to be parked so that a assent image faces a expostulate aisle. Please check lot opening signage for a requirement for any parking area. All space-specific signage, such as ADA, use and indifferent spaces, sojourn in outcome and are particularly enforced. In addition, increased excellent amounts are in place for campus visitors parked in defilement of University parking regulations during designated eventuality weekends.
Beginning during 8:30 a.m. Saturday, one-way trade patterns and trade restrictions will go into outcome on Park Avenue, Porter Road and other roadways nearby Beaver Stadium. Those attending a diversion with a prepaid football parking assent contingency follow a track indifferent for their parking area and parking zone. Visit Penn State’s Game Day Parking and Traffic site for some-more information.
Access to a East Parking Deck and Orange faculty/staff parking areas located north of Services Road will usually be accessible by roving eastward on Park Avenue from Atherton Street. Except for assent holders attempting to entrance these areas, Park Avenue should be used usually by football assent holders with West Zone (traveling eastward on Park from Atherton Street) and East Zone (traveling westbound on Park from I-99/322) parking. Traffic on Porter Road will be singular usually to football assent holders with South Zone parking.
Curtin Road will be sealed between Bigler Road and Porter Road around a day.
Faculty, staff, and students attempting to entrance executive campus parking areas should do so by roving northbound on Shortlidge Road or Burrowes Road from College Avenue. Traffic on and nearby campus will be complicated and nonessential car transport is discouraged. Drivers roving to campus should concede additional time to strech their destination.
Transit use and adjustments
CATA’s Blue Loop, White Loop, and Red Link use will work on home football Saturdays, though with a following adjustments to service:
- Blue Loop: From a train stop during College Avenue and Allen Street a Blue Loop will follow normal routing to Curtin Road where it will spin right on Bigler Road and right on Pollock Road where it will resume normal routing.
- White Loop: From a train stop during Beaver Avenue and Allen Street a White Loop will follow normal routing to University Drive where it will spin left on Hastings Road, right on Bigler Road, and left on Curtin Road where it will resume normal routing.
- Red Link from West Campus to Innovation Park: The Red Link roving to Innovation Park will follow normal routing on Curtin Road where it will spin right on Bigler Road, left on Hastings Road, right on University Drive, right around exit ramp to College Avenue, right on College Avenue, left onto 322 west, right around exit ramp to Park Avenue where it will transport to Mt. Nittany Medical Center and resume normal outbound routing to Innovation Park.
- Red Link from Innovation Park to West Campus: The Red Link roving to West Campus will use Innovation Park and transport 322 easterly to College Avenue, spin right on College Avenue, right on University Drive, left on Hastings Road, right on Bigler Road, left on Curtin Road where it will resume normal routing to West Campus.
The CATA Downtown (DT) Football Shuttle has been dangling for a residue of a season. Visit the CATA website for South Atherton Football Shuttle routing, stops, hours of operation and fares.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-238-CATA for some-more information on CATA campus and village movement service. Real-time train information and attainment predictions are also accessible by a myStop and Penn State Go apps.
Fullington Trailways also will be handling football shuttles this season, with use from several internal locations and Blair County.