BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) — Here is a city of Bend’s weekly highway and trade news for a week of Apr 18-24:
As construction seasons starts up, we know that saying some-more orange cones and highway signs can be frustrating, though we wish to remind we to delayed down and compensate additional courtesy when we are in a work zone. This is intensely critical to keep those workers who are improving a roads protected so they can all lapse to their families and desired ones during a finish of a day. Check-in weekly with a City on arriving closures by a website: bendoregon.gov/traffic. Construction deteriorate will not final forever, greatfully be studious and remember to expostulate like you’re in your possess neighborhood.
- NW OB Riley Road between NW Halfway Road and NW Firerock Road for infrastructure installation, half travel closure with flagging, work starts 4/20/22.
- Intermittent highway closures along a full length of SE Wildcat Drive and SE Skylark Drive for alley paving. Work to be finished 4/11/22 – 4/22/22.
- King Hezekiah Way between King Jehu Way and King Solomon Court will be sealed to by trade for sobriety cesspool designation as partial of a Septic to Sewer Conversion Program. Local entrance will be provided. For some-more information, visit bendoregon.gov/admiral-king-jehu. Closure set to start 4/11/22 and continue by mid-summer 2022.
- NE Third Street between Olney Avenue and NE Butler Market Road for alley improvements, singular line closure of delayed lanes. Completion approaching summer 2023.
- NW Shevlin Ranch Road between NW Bordeaux Lane and NW Shevlin Meadow Drive for infrastructure installation, full highway closure. Completion scheduled for finish of May.
- Brinson Boulevard between NE 18th Street and Layton Avenue for infrastructure installation, eastward line closure. Completion scheduled for finish of April.
- NW Silver Buckle Road – As partial of a Rimrock Pump Stations Improvement Project, full highway closure during work hours.
- SW Sewer Basin Project – SW McMullin Drive between Mahogany Street and Cinder Lane for infrastructure installation, full highway closure with internal entrance and highway by Apr 2022
- Wilson Corridor Improvements Project – Street improvements on Wilson from Second Street to 15th Street. For some-more information revisit the Wilson Corridor Improvements Project website. This is a multiphase plan with several intersection and highway closures along a entirety.
- Intersection of SE Wilson Avenue and SE 9th Street for devious construction, full intersection closure with highway by May 2022 (weather dependent).
- Newport Corridor Improvements Project – Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be sealed due to updates in a H2O categorical and stormwater facilities. Road closures associated to a plan listed below. For some-more information, revisit the Newport Corridor Improvements Project website. Various closures by a finish of Winter 2022.
- NW Newport Avenue between NW 10th travel and NW 11th street, full highway closure by mid-summer 2022
- NW 11th Street between NW Ogden Avenue and NW Milwaukee Avenue, full highway closure –through mid-summer 2022
- Brosterhous Road between Murphy Road and Knott Road for infrastructure installation, northbound line closure with detour. Estimated by early summer 2022. This is partial of the Brosterhous Accessibility Improvements Project.
Future Road Closures:
- 2022 Earth Day Parade – The eventuality will have several downtown travel closures (listed below). The special eventuality will take place on 4/23/22, 11 a.m.– 3 p.m.
- NW Wall Street between Minnesota Avenue and Louisiana Avenue
- NW Bond Street between Minnesota Avenue and Kansas Avenue
- NW Minnesota Avenue between NW Wall Street and NW Bond Street
- NW Louisiana Avenue between NW Wall Street and NW Lava Road
- NW Kansas Avenue between NW Bond Street and NW Lava Road
Work schedules are contingent on continue conditions and other factors. Always practice increasing counsel within construction zones. Drivers should use designated highway routes. Nearby residential streets are for internal trade only.
Contact: Deedee Fraley, Assistant City Engineer
For Street Preservation associated questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find some-more information about travel operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be perceived around email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: bendoregon.gov/enews