Welcome to On a Road! This mainstay will have your weekly line closures and roadwork reports for this entrance week!
The list next covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures during a bridge-tunnels and a Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are theme to change formed on continue conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, upkeep and construction in Hampton Roads, visit a Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download a 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Single-lane closure westbound on Jun 23-24 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures northbound on Jun 21-22 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Mobile, single-lane closures southbound on Jun 21 and Jun 24-25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures in both directions on Jun 22-23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- For line closures and plan updates associated to a HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for upkeep schedules on a Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Interstate 64 (I-64)
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 easterly and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as indispensable Jun 20-24 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Lane closures underneath flagger control on Rochambeau Drive easterly of Bruton High School on Jun 21 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lane closures underneath flagger control on Fenton Mill easterly of Route 199 on Jun 22-23, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on a existent Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound trade on Route 199 follow road signage in place directing motorists to a new proxy median crossover to entrance a Route 199 easterly on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow road signage in place directing motorists to a Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- Full closure of a I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on June 24-26 starting as early as 7 p.m. to as late as 4 a.m.
Interstate 264 (I-264)
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Jun 20-27 from 7 p.m. until as late as noon, including a uninterrupted double-lane closure on I-264 easterly on Jun 25 during 10 p.m. to Jun 28 during 5 a.m.
- Ongoing, uninterrupted right shoulder closure on I-264 easterly during a overpass only before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Single-lane closure on I-64 easterly during a I-264 rotate on Jun 20-25 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.