Welcome to On a Road! Replacing Know Before You Go, this mainstay will move your weekly line closures and roadwork news as good as some transportation-related news from this past week!
Do we have a tip or story idea? We wish to hear from you! Send us an email during Info@WYDaily.com!
This list next covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures during a bridge-tunnels and a Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are theme to change formed on continue conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, upkeep and construction in Hampton Roads, visit a Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download a 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Mobile, single-lane closure westbound on Jun 1 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures southbound on Jun 2-3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures northbound on Jun 5 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- For line closures and plan updates associated to a HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for upkeep schedules on a Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Interstate 64 (I-64)
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 easterly and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as indispensable May 30 to Jun 3 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Brief, few stoppages to change trade to a inside apportionment of a I-64 easterly off-ramp during Route 143/Merrimac Trail (exit 238) starting as early as 9 p.m. on Jun 1.
- Single-lane closures on Route 143/Merrimac Trail during a I-64 overpass Jun 2-4 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on a existent Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound trade on Route 199 follow road signage in place directing motorists to a new proxy median crossover to entrance a Route 199 easterly on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow road signage in place directing motorists to a Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- Full closure of a I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
- June 1-3 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- June 2 from 9-11:30 a.m.
- June 4 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Full closure of a exit ramp from I-64 west to Battlefield Boulevard south (exit 290B) on Jun 1-5, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Click here for a full trade alert: conta.cc/3wpAiZi
- Alternating, single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 297) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
- June 1-3 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- June 4 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- June 5 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- June 6 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Interstate 264 (I-264)
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Jun 1-6 from 8 p.m. until as late as noon, including a uninterrupted double-lane closure on I-264 easterly on Jun 4 during 10 p.m. to Jun 7 during 5 a.m.
- Ongoing, uninterrupted right shoulder closure on I-264 easterly during a overpass only before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Overnight line closures from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. with full-directional few stoppages between midnight and 5 a.m. on northbound Witchduck Road during a I-264 overpass. These stoppages are an further to a work listed in a full trade warning here: conta.cc/31p8HKt
- Single-lane closure on I-64 easterly during a I-264 rotate on Jun 1-4 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The off-ramp from I-264 west to Lynnhaven Parkway (exit 19A) will be sealed from midnight to 5 a.m. on Jun 2-4.
Other important closures
- Brief trade stoppages and single-lane closures during a intersection of Laskin Road and First Colonial Road on Jun 6 as early as 5 a.m. Click here for a full trade alert: conta.cc/3paGsud
- The on-ramp from College Drive to a Western Freeway (Route 164) will be sealed on Jun 1-3 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.
CATCH UP ON MORE STORIES FROM WYDAILY:
- U.S. Poet Laureate Joy Harjo to pronounce during Jamestown Settlement
- Memorial Day Car Show Will Honor Veterans and Wounded Service Members
- Williamsburg Regional Library To Offer Three New Public Services
- The Day That Shook a Historic Triangle: The Yorktown Mine Depot Explosion