Welcome to On a Road! This mainstay will have your weekly line closures and roadwork reports for this entrance week!
Do we have a tip or story idea? We wish to hear from you! Send us an email during Info@WYDaily.com!
This list next covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures during a bridge-tunnels and a Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are theme to change formed on continue conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, upkeep and construction in Hampton Roads, visit a Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download a 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Alternating, single-lane closures starting as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- westbound on Jun 13 and Jun 16
- eastbound on Jun 14 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures northbound on Jun 15 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Mobile, single-lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- southbound on Jun 14-16
- northbound on Jun 17-18
- For line closures and plan updates associated to a HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for upkeep schedules on a Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Interstate 64 (I-64)
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 easterly and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as indispensable Jun 13-17 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on Route 143/Merrimac Trail during a I-64 overpass Jun 16-18 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lane closures underneath flagger control on Rochambeau Drive nearby Great Wolf Lodge on Jun 14-18 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on a existent Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound trade on Route 199 follow road signage in place directing motorists to a new proxy median crossover to entrance a Route 199 easterly on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow road signage in place directing motorists to a Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- Full closure of a I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
- June 13-14 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- June 14-15 from 9 a.m. to as late as 12:30 p.m.
- Full closure of a on ramps from Mercury Boulevard to I-64 west on Jun 14-17 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Interstate 264 (I-264)
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Jun 13-20 from 7 p.m. until as late as noon, including a uninterrupted double-lane closure on I-264 easterly on Jun 18 at 10 p.m. to Jun 21 at 5 a.m.
- Ongoing, uninterrupted right shoulder closure on I-264 easterly during a overpass only before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Single-lane closure on I-64 easterly during a I-264 rotate on Jun 13-18 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Other Notable Closures
CATCH UP ON MORE WYDAILY STORIES:
- Landmark Lost: Busch Gardens’ The Big Bad Wolf
- Colonial Williamsburg’s Summer Camp Offers Kids A Summer Full Of History
- The Williamsburg Winery: Donates Over 2k to a Riverside Foundation to Support Breast Cancer Patients
- Gov. Northam Holds Ceremonial Singing of “Conner’s Law”