Welcome to On a Road! This mainstay will have your weekly line closures and roadwork reports for this entrance week!
Do we have a tip or story idea? We wish to hear from you! Send us an email during Info@WYDaily.com!
This list next covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures during a bridge-tunnels and a Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are theme to change formed on continue conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, upkeep and construction in Hampton Roads, visit a Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download a 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Mobile, single-lane closure eastward on Jun 8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures westbound on Jun 9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures eastward on Jun 11 from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures westbound on Jun 12 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures southbound on Jun 6 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure northbound on Jun 7 from as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- For line closures and plan updates associated to a HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for upkeep schedules on a Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Interstate 64 (I-64)
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions nearby a Lakeshead Drive overpass on Jun 4 from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. eastward and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. westbound.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 easterly and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as indispensable Jun 6-10 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Lane closures underneath flagger control on Rochambeau Drive nearby Great Wolf Lodge on Jun 7-11, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on a existent Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound trade on Route 199 follow road signage in place directing motorists to a new proxy median crossover to entrance a Route 199 easterly on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow road signage in place directing motorists to a Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- Full closure of a I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
- June 4 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- June 6-10 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Interstate 264 (I-264)
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on Jun 6-13 from 7 p.m. until as late as noon, including a uninterrupted double-lane closure on I-264 easterly on Jun 11 during 10 p.m. to Jun 14 during 5 a.m.
- Ongoing, uninterrupted right shoulder closure on I-264 easterly during a overpass only before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Single-lane closure on I-64 easterly during a I-264 rotate on Jun 6-11 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The off-ramp from I-264 west to Lynnhaven Parkway south (exit 19A) will be sealed from midnight to 5 a.m. on Jun 7-10.
Other Notable Closures
- Brief trade stoppages and single-lane closures during a intersection of Laskin Road and First Colonial Road on Jun 6 as early as 5 a.m. Click here for a full trade alert: conta.cc/3paGsud
- The on-ramp from College Drive to a Western Freeway (Route 164) will be sealed on Jun 6-10 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
CATCH UP ON MORE FROM WYDAILY:
- Brews and Bites: La Tienda’s Pastry Chef is a Lafayette H.S. Student
- Gov. Northam Declares Jun Pride Month in Virginia
- York County releases Jun report of events for New Quarter Park
- Virginia Commits to Reducing Polluted Runoff from State Lands to Advance Chesapeake Bay Restoration