Welcome to a new column, On a Road! Replacing Know Before You Go, this mainstay will move your weekly line closures and roadwork news as good as some transportation-related news from this past week!
Do we have a tip or story idea? We wish to hear from you! Send us an email during Info@WYDaily.com!
This list next covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures during a bridge-tunnels and a Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are theme to change formed on continue conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, upkeep and construction in Hampton Roads, visit a Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download a 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Bridges and Tunnels:
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel (HRBT), I-64:
- Full closure eastward on May 16 from 2-3 a.m. and westbound from 3-4 a.m. for waves embankment testing. Click here for a full trade alert: https://conta.cc/3f4UtVE
- Alternating, single-lane closures eastward on May 19-20 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664:
- Single-lane closure southbound on May 17 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures northbound on May 18-19 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures in both directions on May 19-20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures in both directions on May 21 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
HRBT Expansion Project:
- For line closures and plan updates associated to a HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown Tunnels):
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for upkeep schedules on a Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
- Brief, few delayed rolls on I-64 in both directions between Fort Eustis Boulevard (exit 250) and Route 143 (exit 243) on May 15-16 and May 22-23 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 easterly and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as indispensable May 16-20 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on Route 143/Merrimac Trail during a I-64 overpass May 18-19 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on a existent Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound trade on Route 199 follow road signage in place directing motorists to a new proxy median crossover to entrance a Route 199 easterly on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow road signage in place directing motorists to a Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during a closure.
Express Lanes, Norfolk:
- Full closure of a I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
- May 16 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 16-20 from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- May 17 from 9-11:30 a.m.
Southside Widening, High Rise Bridge Expansion:
- Full closure of a ramp from I-64 west to Great Bridge Boulevard (exit 292A) on May 21-23 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Click here for a full trade alert: conta.cc/3v0nDMp
- Alternating, single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 297) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
- May 17-20 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- May 21 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- May 22 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- May 23 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements Project, Norfolk/Virginia Beach:
- Single-lane closure on I-64 easterly during a I-264 rotate on May 16-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16):
- May 16-23 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- May 21-23 from 8 p.m. until as late as noon
- Ongoing, uninterrupted right shoulder closure on I-264 easterly during a overpass only before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Overnight line closures from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. with full-directional few stoppages between midnight and 5 a.m. on northbound Witchduck Road during a I-264 overpass. These stoppages are an further to a work listed in a full trade warning here: conta.cc/31p8HKt
- Single-lane closures with brief, few stoppages on I-664 south nearby College Drive on May 16-20 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures with brief, few stoppages on a off ramp from I-664 south to 35th Street (exit 5A) on May 16-20 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full closure of a off ramp from I-664 south to Pughsville Road (exit 10A) on May 19-20 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Here are some of WYDaily’s traffic-related headlines from this past week:
VDOT will be shutting a HRBT this weekend
City of Williamsburg starts paving project
Updated on I-64 Widening Project in a Historic Triangle
For some-more news and information, revisit WYDaily.com!