Churchill Downs, home of a world-famous Kentucky Derby, announced currently new entrance procedures that will be in outcome for guest visiting a lane any day of Derby Week (Saturday, Apr 28, 2018 by Saturday, May 5, 2018). The lane denounced a new parking and trade devise final week and launched KentuckyDerbyParking.com to assistance visitors devise their arrival.
“Churchill Downs has invested heavily to titillate a attainment and entrance knowledge for all a guest and employees. We wish to safeguard a protected and secure environment, while assisting people get in and out of a venue as well as possible,” pronounced Kevin Flanery, boss of Churchill Downs Racetrack. “We inspire everybody fasten us for Derby Week to revisit KentuckyDerbyParking.com so we know accurately what to design before we get to a track.”
Derby Week visitors will be a initial to use Churchill Downs’ new stretched entrance plaza, that will lead guest from Central Avenue to a newly assembled Paddock Gate that’s replacing prior entrances during Gates 1 and 17.
Churchill Downs has renamed a acknowledgment gates to simulate their locations in a venue. Ticket holders will enter Churchill Downs by one of 3 acknowledgment gates: a new Paddock Gate, a Clubhouse Gate (formerly Gate 10) and a Infield Gate (formerly Gate 3). The Infield Gate will usually be accessible to guest with a General Admission ticket. All others will enter by a Paddock or Clubhouse Gates.
Once sheet holders arrive during Churchill Downs, a new entrance routine will assistance them enter a lane safely and efficiently:
1. To safeguard a reserve and confidence of all Churchill Downs guest and employees, anyone entering a lane will travel by steel detectors as partial of a confidence screening measures. Prohibited equipment are not authorised past a confidence screening area.
2. Next, guest entering by a Paddock or Clubhouse Gates will indicate their sheet during one of a new self-scanning entrance turnstiles. Or, if someone has a General Admission sheet and is entering by a Infield Gate, an attendant will indicate their sheet by hand. Once inside a track, guest are not authorised to leave a venue and reenter.
3. Once a sheet is scanned, guest will ensue by a turnstile and follow staff instruction and new signs from a acknowledgment embankment to their seating territory or venue.
4. As guest make their approach to their seating section, they will be greeted by an chaperon during a suitable entrance control point. The chaperon will indicate a sheet for a second time, stub a sheet and afterwards request an central wristband around their wrist. This wristband allows guest to come and go from their seating territory via a day. Each sheet might usually be scanned once during a wristband locations and contingency indicate as current to accept a wristband.
New this year, special discerning entrance lanes have been combined to a confidence screening areas of all acknowledgment gates for those guest who are not bringing a bag of any form into a venue.
Additionally, guest with mobile tickets purchased by a central Ticketmaster Resale Marketplace will follow a same entrance routine as guest with printed tickets and will accept their wristband during a entrance control point.
Churchill Downs expelled a brief video vouchsafing guest know what to design before entering a track: https://youtu.be/jNOrSBjuZAU
Click to watch
In gripping with tradition, guest on Oaks and Derby Days are accessible to move in food and box lunches in transparent cosmetic bags smaller than 18 inches by 18 inches. However, these equipment are taboo Opening Night (Saturday, Apr 28) by Thurby (Thursday, May 3).
Prohibited equipment and equipment deemed inapt for entrance into a drift are a shortcoming of a ticketholder and can't be supposed or checked by Churchill Downs. We titillate congregation to devise forward and leave these equipment during home. Churchill Downs and a confidence partners will not store taboo equipment for patrons. The full list of taboo and accessible equipment can be found during KentuckyDerbyParking.com.
PROHIBITED ITEMS FOR DERBY WEEK (Opening Night by Kentucky Derby Day)
• COOLERS AT ANY GATE – including a Stable Gate (Styrofoam coolers and ice are accessible for squeeze in a Infield)
• CANS (any distance or type)
• GLASS BOTTLES OR CONTAINERS
• BACKPACKS and DUFFEL BAGS
• TENTS – NO POLES OR STAKES OF ANY KIND
• LAPTOP COMPUTERS and CAMCORDERS
• CAMERAS WITH DETACHABLE LENSES OR EQUIPPED WITH A LENS THAT IS 6″ OR LARGER
• DRONES and REMOTE-CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT
• PURSES LARGER THAN 12″ IN ANY DIMENSION
• FIREWORKS, NOISEMAKERS, AIR HORNS, LASER LIGHTS/POINTERS, PEPPER SPRAYS
• ANIMALS (with a difference of use animals for guest with special needs)
• SELFIE STICKS
• ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
• ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
• WEAPONS (including knives)
• LUGGAGE (including briefcases)
• ANY ITEMS DEEMED DANGEROUS AND/OR INAPPROPRIATE
PERMITTED ITEMS FOR KENTUCKY DERBY AND OAKS DAYS
• FOOD ITEMS IN CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS (maximum distance 18″x 18″ – no rabble bags) *
• BOX LUNCHES in transparent cosmetic bags or containers (maximum distance 18″ x 18″ – no rabble bags)
• WATER SOFT DRINKS – cosmetic bottles usually (sealed, transparent and unopened)
• PURSES, BUT NONE LARGER THAN 12″ IN ANY DIMENSION (subject to search)
• BABY/DIAPER BAGS – usually if accompanied by a child (subject to search)
• SMALL CAMERAS – nothing versed with detachable lenses or lenses of 6″ or some-more **
• SMALL PERSONAL MUSIC SYSTEMS, RADIOS TELEVISIONS** (no boomboxes) ***
• CELLULAR PHONES, SMARTPHONES TABLETS **
• SEAT CUSHIONS SMALLER THAN 15″x 15″ – no steel arms and/or backs, zippers, pockets or flaps
• STROLLERS (ONLY if carrying a child)
• SUNSCREEN (non-glass containers only)
• CHAIRS (permitted by a Infield Gate ONLY and can't be carried to a frontside)
• BLANKETS TARPAULINS (Paddock and Infield Gates ONLY)
* Limit of dual bags per person
** Patrons could be compulsory to spin on electronic items
*** Not accessible in liberality spaces and dining bedrooms
For some-more information on arrival, parking and entry, greatfully revisit KentuckyDerbyParking.com and download a Churchill Downs and Waze mobile apps.
Industry News Releases – In support of Thoroughbred attention organizations, BloodHorse is posting news releases relating to a industry. The releases have not been edited by Blood-Horse. If there are any questions greatfully hit a classification that has constructed a news recover as destined in a news release.