HARRISBURG Gov. Tom Wolf announces that a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has launched www.511pa.com/DNC — a minute travelers’ website to support residents and visitors as Philadelphia hosts a Democratic National Convention from Jul 25-28. The site is related both to PennDOT’s 511PA site and a Pennsylvania Turnpike’s travelers’ information site.
The site’s home page offers options to see information about real-time trade conditions on highways in a Philadelphia segment and lists travel closures around a gathering venue during a Wells Fargo Center in South Philadelphia. The site is permitted from both desktop and mobile interfaces.
Pennsylvania Turnpike Chairman Sean Logan pronounced that a www.511pa.com/DNC site will be useful for anyone pushing in Philadelphia and a suburbs — including those who might not be headed to Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center and a DNC.
For information, revisit www.511pa.com
Milling and resurfacing on highways
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) currently announced that line restrictions are scheduled in Delaware County for a logging and resurfacing of 5 state highways.
Weather permitting, a resurfacing schedule, effective 6 p.m.-6 a.m. Jul 19-21 for all projects, is:
• Lane closures are scheduled on Radnor Chester Road between Conestoga Road and U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) in Radnor Township for logging and bottom repair
• Lane closures are scheduled on Church Road between Darby Paoli Road and a Chester County line in Radnor and Newtown townships for logging and resurfacing
• Lane closures are scheduled on Mill Road between Brinton Lake Road and Thornton Road in Concord and Thornbury townships for logging and resurfacing.
• Lane closures are scheduled on Stony Bank Road between Baltimore Pike and Glen Mills Road in Chester Heights Borough and Thornbury Township for milling.
Travel restrictions are scheduled in Philadelphia and Delaware County on Wednesday, Jul 20, for beyond pointer structure work.
Weather permitting, a beyond pointer investigation report is:
• On Wednesday, Jul 20, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., a left line will be sealed on Interstate 76 easterly between 28th Street (Exit 346C) and Route 291/Penrose Avenue (Exit 347A) for a beyond pointer installation; and
• On Wednesday, Jul 20, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., a dual left lanes will be sealed on Interstate 95 north between Bartram Avenue/Cargo City (Exit 10) and Philadelphia International Airport (Exit 12) for beyond pointer repair.
Drivers are suggested to concede additional time when roving by these work zones.
Motorists can check conditions on some-more than 40,000 alley miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, that is giveaway and accessible 24 hours a day, provides trade check warnings, continue forecasts, trade speed information and entrance to some-more than 770 trade cameras.
For PennDOT information, revisit www.penndot.gov. Follow Local PennDOT Information on Twitter during www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly, and follow a dialect on Facebook during www.facebook.com/pennsylvaniadepartmentoftransportation and Instagram during www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Engineering District 6-0 announces a following trade restrictions:
• Chester Heights: US 1 north and south, line closures between Red Roof Drive and Valley Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday, by Sept. 2.
• Clifton Heights: Springfield Avenue during Diamond and Madison streets and Woodlawn, Clifton and Broadway avenues, line closure, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-22; Baltimore Avenue during Chester Street, Marple, Jackson, Springfield, Bishop and Glenwood avenues, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-22.
• Chester Heights and Thornbury: Stony Bank Road between Baltimore Pike and Glen Mills Road, line restrictions, 6 p.m.-6 a.m. Jul 19-21.
• Concord: US 1, line change between Brinton Lake Road and Applied Card Way, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays by Sept. 1; US 1 (Baltimore Pike) between State Farm Drive and Evergreen Drive, line restrictions, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-29.
• Concord and Thornbury: Mill Road between Brinton Lake and Thornton roads, line restrictions, 6 p.m.-6 a.m. Jul 19-21.
• Darby Township and Sharon Hill: Calcon Hook Road, between Bonsall Avenue and Hook Road, sealed with posted detour, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays Jul 28-Sept. 30.
• Haverford: Manoa Road, sealed with posted road between Earlington Road and Powder Mill Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays by Aug. 26.
• Haverford and Upper Darby: PA 3 (West Chester Pike) during Brief Avenue, Carol Boulevard, State Road and Pennock Avenue, line closure, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-23.
• Lansdowne and Upper Darby: Baltimore Avenue during Lansdowne, Wycombe, Union and Mansfield avenues, Martin Drive, Scottdale and Walsh roads, and Church Lane, line restrictions, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-22;
• Marcus Hook: 10th St./Post Road, line restrictions between Blueball Avenue and Penn Avenue/Walnut Street, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays by Sept. 30.
• Middletown: Duttons Mill Road, sealed with posted road between New Middletown Road and Creek Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays by Oct. 1.
• Nether Providence: Beaumont Drive, line closure during Todmorden Drive, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Jul 12-19; Bullens Lane during Governors Drive, line restrictions, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. by Jul 22.
• Prospect Park: 13th Avenue, sealed with posted road between PA 420 and Madison Avenue, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. by Aug. 12
• Radnor: Radnor Chester Road between Conestoga Road and Lancaster Avenue, line restrictions, 6 p.m.-6 a.. Jul 19-21.
• Radnor and Newtown: Church Road between Darby Paoli Road and Chester County line, line restrictions, 6 p.m.-6 a.m. Jul 19-21.
• Ridley Township: MacDade Boulevard, during Kedron Avenue easterly and Cedar Avenue, line restrictions, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-Sept. 2.
• Springfield: Powell Road, sealed with posted road between PA 420 and Thomson Avenue, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays by Sept. 2;
• Tinicum: I-95 North, between Bartram Avenue and Philadelphia International Airport, dual left lanes closed, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Jul 20.
• Tinicum, Ridley, Chester, Upper Chichester, Lower Chichester, Upland, Chester: I-95 South, between Philadelphia County line and Delaware state line, few line closures, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 20-21; I-95 North, few line closures between Delaware state line and Philadelphia County line. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-19.
• Upper Chichester: Chichester Avenue, line closure between Pershing Avenue and Hewes Avenue, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. by Jul 13; Meetinghouse Road, sealed and detoured between Rogers Avenue and Iacono Court, 24-hour closure with posted detour, Jul 11-15.
• Upper Chichester, Lower Chichester, Marcus Hook: PA 452, line restrictions between Johnson Avenue and West 10th Street, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday by Sept. 30.
• Upper Darby: Marshall Road during Long Lane, line restructions, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 18-29; Burmont Road, between Cedar Lane and Bond Avenue, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Jul 22-29.
Schedules are theme to continue conditions. Visit www.511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check conditions on vital highways.